We are a dynamic community-based health centre promoting social justice and health equity in the Regent Park neighbourhood and east downtown area of Toronto. We operate out of several locations and provide a wide variety of services including: primary health care, chiropody, physiotherapy, health promotion, social work, community health, immigrant and refugee services, housing assistance, harm reduction and homeless programs, Pathways to Education for high school students, infant and child development programs, parenting education and family advocacy.
The Accounts Administrator is responsible for the organizations accounts payable and receivable process, and provides general administrative support according to the needs of the Finance & Operations (F&O) team and to the organization as a whole.
This is a Full-time Permanent position, and staff will be obligated to participate in HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan). Staff will also receive additional medical benefits.
- Performs all aspects of accounts payable (AP) and receivables (AR) for the organization, including matching approved purchase orders, attaching invoices to delivery slips, and respective correspondences
- Process AR and AP invoices in MS Dynamics Great Plains (GP) with a high level of accuracy, accordance with Canadian GAAP and Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standard (OHRS)
- Prepare payment for EFT/Wire/cheques requisitions in GP per invoice payment terms, Including coordinating payment requisition sign-off incompliant with requisition signing policy and payment dispatch
- Manage cheque deposits and processes in GP
- Perform banking entries in GP, including electronic deposits, and pre-authorized payments
- Processes all Employee Reimbursement and Credits Card Expense reports in GP
- Reconciles transactions with statements, including employee credit card
- Prepares and disburses payment notification to vendors, and invoices to customers
- Researches, tracks, and restores accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Ensures that all payments are made in a timely manner, and in accordance with company policy
- Resolves payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
- Contribute/participates in team-based duties as assigned, including contribution to operational and team effectiveness of the Corporate Services Team, and overall Workplace Success initiatives across the organization
- Collaborates with finance team members and other departments to maintain company financial health
- Maintains an inventory list for all purchases across the organization, and ensures items are tracked appropriately through the central asset registry
- Maintains the finance records management system including archiving and scanning of records, overseeing and maintaining the record destruction process, filing, and organizing financial records for the annual audit, etc.
- Provides assistance to the Director of Operations and other Finance team members in preparation of reports, funding applications, annual reports, presentations etc., as required
- Prepare petty cash reimbursements and oversee gift card/token distribution to ensure proper documentation and record of all transactions
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Experience with administrative, finance, and accounting systems
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience with accounting software, and Microsoft Great Plains, in particular
- Experience with accounts payable functions
- Previous experience establishing and maintaining electronic and paper filing systems
- Able to manage a high volume of work, while responding quickly and accurately
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively within and across teams
- Understanding of Anti-oppression principles and ability to work effectively with people of various cultural, age and economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Regent Park area and issues affecting the community
- Must have the most up to date vaccine for the safety of clients and staff
To protect the health and well-being of our clients and employees, Regent Park Community Health Centre has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all staff, including new employees to have the most up to date vaccine, by a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or human rights-based exemptions, will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
Apply For This Position
Please submit your resume and cover letter by
November 30, 2022
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.