We are a dynamic community-based health centre promoting social justice and health equity in the Regent Park neighbourhood and Downtown East area of Toronto. We operate out of several locations and provide a wide variety of services including: primary health care, chiropody, physiotherapy, health promotion, social work, community health, immigrant and refugee services, harm reduction and homeless programs, Pathways to Education, infant and child development programs, parenting programs, youth outreach and employment services.
The Denturist is a member of the Regent Park Community Health Centre Dental Program team which provides services under the Ontario Senior Dental Care Program in accordance with the RPCHC’s mission and mandate. The Denturist is responsible for examining patients and designing treatment plans for clients requiring denture services.
Part-time Contract Position, 14 hours per week until December 31st, 2024
(Tuesdays including evening until 7:00 pm and Fridays)
This is a bargaining unit position within OPSEU local 5115
- Consults with patients, reviews medical histories and gets informed consent for denture treatment
- Take impressions and measurements for denture fabrication
- Consult with contracted lab on denture fabrication and design
- Inserts denture(s) and adjust denture(s) as needed on clients
- Troubleshoots if client is having issues adapting to the denture
- Educates the client on post denture care and oral hygiene
- Receives referrals from TPH dental clinics and CHC’s for denture fabrication
- May provide services on patients with disabilities and behavior issues
- Monitors and performs universal precautions for infection control procedures as per IPAC guidelines
- Collaborate with dentists and other dental professionals to ensure optimal patient care
- Maintain accurate records of patient, treatments and progress in dental software
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Graduate of a recognized Denturism program and registered with College of Denturists of Ontario (CDO).
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working as a Denturist in a dental office or laboratory setting.
- Strong attention to detail and manual dexterity for precise work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and experience working with seniors and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement when problem-solving and making decisions
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage high volume of work and respond quickly and accurately
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Highly flexible with a positive, can-do attitude
- Understanding of Anti-oppression principles and ability to work effectively with people of various cultural, age and economic backgrounds
- Interest and appreciation for the Regent Park area and issues affecting the community
- A passionate and genuine commitment to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace culture at RPCHC
- Must have up to date COVID vaccine for the protection of clients and staff
Regent Park CHC is committed to equity in our hiring and employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who are Indigenous people, members of racialized communities, individuals of diverse sexual orientation and gender identification, persons with disabilities and others protected under the Human Rights Code as well as individuals with lived experience in the Regent Park community.
To protect the health and well-being of our clients and employees, Regent Park Community Health Centre has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires that new employees have an up to date, Health Canada approved, COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or human rights-based exemptions, will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
Apply For This Position
Please submit your resume and cover letter by
February 28, 2024
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.