Director of Finance and Operations
We are a dynamic community-based health centre promoting social justice and health equity in the Regent Park neighbourhood and east downtown area of Toronto. We operate out of several locations and provide a wide variety of services including: primary health care, chiropody, physiotherapy, health promotion, social work, community health, immigrant and refugee services, housing assistance, harm reduction and homeless programs, Pathways to Education for high school students, infant and child development programs, parenting education and family advocacy.
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for planning, leading, and overseeing all corporate and operational services including financial and administrative systems, facilities management, human resources and information technology. The Director shall ensure consistency and quality of all operations and workplace health and safety.
As a member of the Strategic Management team, the Director of Finance and Operations also plays a key role in contributing to the overall organizational leadership and to achieving the goals and priorities of the Regent Park Community Health Centre.
This is a Full-time Permanent position. Staff will also be entitled to participate in HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan), and receive additional benefits.
- Develops and administers all aspects of financial services including organizational budget preparation, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, audit activities, financial policies and procedures, and other related functions in consultation with the Executive Director, SMT and Board Finance Committee
- Ensures financial management and accounting systems are in place and practices are compliant with RPCHC policy, legislation, funder requirements and generally accepted accounting principles GAAP
- Monitors the financial performance of the organization and provides improvement recommendations to the Executive Director and the Board Finance Committee
- Ensure financial reports are timely and accurate and fulfil funder requirements
- Directs information technology support and communications services including all telecommunication, computer services, IT systems and staff
- Directs facilities management staff, activities and contractors to ensure that facilities are safe and well-maintained
- Identifies the need for policy review and development and assist staff and RPCHC to develop policies, protocols and procedures that will ensure the safe and effective operations of community and health services
- Co-leads the organization wide quality processes that enables RPCHC to maintain CCA accreditation
- Works collaboratively with staff to identify priorities and operational strategies aligned with RPCHC mission, vision and values
- Responsible for all aspects of effective human resource management of the finance and operations teams including planning, recruitment, orientation, supervision, development and performance management
- Collaborates with community groups, leaders and agencies on priority issues
- Works with the management team to promote a healthy environment at RPCHC for staff, clients, volunteers and visitors
- Directs risk management activities including the provision of appropriate insurance, identification and mitigation of organization-wide risks, contracts & lease management
- Participates in and provides support to the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee
- Participates in organizational strategic planning and developing, implementing monitoring and evaluating the strategic and operational plans
- Organization-wide oversight of policy direction, operations, programming, risk management, information systems, resource management, and property management
- Providing leadership on organizational priorities, building relationships with staff teams, clients, the community, and other organizations
- Promoting the values of RPCHC and the CHC model of health and wellbeing
- Promoting a healthy environment, e.g. psychological safety, Health & Safety policies, risk management, at RPCHC for staff, clients, volunteers and visitors
- Promoting action on and an understanding of health equity and social justice
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Masters degree, or equivalent post-secondary education in accounting and financial management
- Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) or equivalent accounting designations
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a community-based organization
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative style with staff, volunteers and board members
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through planning, implementation and significant change processes
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and integrate information to inform practice and long-term planning
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and ability to interpret and develop policy
- Progressive experience in human resource management
- Knowledge of planning, evaluation, and quality improvement
- Knowledge of risk management principles and processes in a non-profit environment
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Understanding of Anti-oppression principles
- Ability to work effectively with people of various cultural, age and economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Regent Park area and issues affecting the community
- Knowledge of issues affecting communities facing barriers to access in an urban health environment is an asset
- Support for the mission and values of RPCHC
- Must have up to date COVID-19 vaccination for the protection of clients and staff
Regent Park CHC is committed to equity and employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who are Indigenous people, members of racialized communities, individuals of diverse sexual orientation and gender identification, persons with disabilities and others protected under the Human Rights Code as well as individuals with lived experience in the Regent Park community.
To protect the health and well-being of our clients and employees, Regent Park Community Health Centre has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires new employees to have an up to date Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or human rights-based exemptions, will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
Apply For This Position
Please submit your resume and cover letter by
January 31, 2023
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.