Finance & Payroll Specialist
We are a dynamic community-based health centre promoting social justice and health equity in the Regent Park neighbourhood and east downtown area of Toronto. We operate out of several locations and provide a wide variety of services including: primary health care, chiropody, physiotherapy, health promotion, social work, community health, immigrant and refugee services, housing assistance, harm reduction and homeless programs, Pathways to Education for high school students, infant and child development programs, parenting education and family advocacy.
The Finance and Payroll Specialist is responsible for all aspects of semi-monthly payroll and the related accounting functions. The role includes maintaining the organization’s financial and payroll records in an accurate and timely manner, creating and analyzing payroll reports and providing support to the Finance team. The Finance and Payroll Specialist is part of a team reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations.
The Finance and Payroll Specialist is required to work in ways that are respectful and inclusive of all services users, staff and volunteers and that promotes the mission and values of RPCHC.
This is a Full-time Permanent position, and staff will also participate in HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan), and receive additional medical benefits.
- Administer the semi-monthly payroll for all sites in ADP Workforce Now
- Process all employee related changes including salary adjustments, leave and termination including issuance of ROEs
- Prepare the payment supporting documents for all payroll related payments and employee benefits such as WSIB, EHT, HOOPP, Greenshield and union dues
- Prepare annual tax forms including T4s, T4A, T2200
- Responsible for importing payroll related data from ADP to Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) on a monthly basis
- Maintains the employee allocation GL file and ensure systems are up to date
- Perform quarterly and annual reconciliation of HOOPP, WSIB, EHT and other payroll related payments/deductions and employee benefits (LTD & TXB Life)
- Perform reconciliation of payroll related clearing accounts on the General Ledger
- Prepare HOOPP pension adjustments & payroll reports for seniority calculations
- Prepares monthly and/or quarterly staffing financial reports for the organization
- Reviews the financial reports for accuracy and variance analysis on a quarterly basis
- Assist with the monthly bank reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Prepares the required audit documents and provides support to the audit team
- Provides backup support to AP, AR and other finance team roles as needed
- Maintains a central filing system for payroll records and ensures proper record keeping
- Perform other ad hoc financial and payroll duties as required
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Post-secondary education related to finance, accounting and payroll administration, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years previous accounting and payroll experience is required
- Designation with Canadian Payroll Association as Payroll Compliance Practitioner is a strong asset
- Solid understanding of accounting and payroll processes and principles
- Knowledge and ability to use ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Great Plains Accounting software
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Superior computer/software skills including all MS Office application (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and other relevant applications
- Previous work experience in health centre/non-profit sector is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to manage deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively within and across teams
- Excellent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Understanding of Anti-oppression principles and ability to work effectively with people of various cultural, age and economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Regent Park area and issues affecting the community
- Must have up to date COVID-19 vaccination for the protection of clients and staff
To protect the health and well-being of our clients and employees, Regent Park Community Health Centre has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires new employees to have an up to date Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or human rights-based exemptions, will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
Apply For This Position
Please submit your resume and cover letter by
October 7, 2022
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.