Relief Receptionist / Medical Secretary
Relief Receptionist / Medical Secretary
Salary Range: $20.01 to $24.11 per hour
Hours of work are on an as required basis according to program needs.
There are no regular or guaranteed hours of relief work.
The role of the Relief Receptionist / Medical Secretary is to ensure efficient operations, facilitate smooth flow of the reception area and provide friendly and professional patient intake. The Receptionist / Medical Secretary provides reception, clerical and administrative support functions and operates and maintains appointment, chart and document management systems. Regular evening work may be required.
- greet clients and provide support as needed
- schedule client appointments and provide reminders
- manage, prepare, maintain, update, and scan documents for EHR electronic health records
- manage an eight-line telephone system; answer incoming calls, direct to appropriate personnel and process messages, manage phone messages from answering service
- copying and faxing documents
- distribute / track harm reduction supplies as needed
- Manage, prepare, maintain, update, and scan documents for EHR electronic health records
- gathering information on clients/patients to create charts and update personal information in charts, changing status of chart as appropriate, and ensuring confidentiality;
- processing incoming documents, and ensuring security of charts and documents during non-office hours.
- reconcile bills from lab facilities
- manage prescriptions, client samples, and deliveries that have been dropped off
- give information about resources/programs at RPCHC, as well as giving information about external agencies, as needed
- Completion of relevant certificate or diploma and two years’ related experience in a health care setting, preferably a community setting
- Community Health Centre experience an asset
- Able to work effectively with a diverse client population including people with mental health and/or addictions issues
- Knowledge of Personal Health Information Privacy Act, Consent of Information / Records of Information and Medical Records Management
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills; switchboard experience is an asset
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office, Internet, email, clinical electronic scheduling and health records
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology would be an asset
- Knowledge of PS Suites electronic health record is a strong asset
- Languages representing the local community are a strong asset (e.g. Bengali, Tamil, Somali, Vietnamese, Chinese, French)
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Understanding of Anti-oppression principles and ability to work effectively with people of various cultural, age and economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Regent Park area and issues affecting the community
- Requires evening shifts and flexible hours
Regent Park CHC is committed to equity in our hiring and employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who are Indigenous people, members of racialized communities, individuals of diverse sexual orientation and gender identification, persons with disabilities and others protected under the Human Rights Code as well as individuals with lived experience in the Regent Park community. This is a bargaining unit position with OPSEU Local 5115.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, indicating job title in the subject line to:
Receptionist / Medical Secretary Hiring Committee
Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas St. E. Toronto, ON M5A 2B2
or Email: email@example.com
Apply For This Position
Please submit your resume and cover letter by
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.